We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

8760 hourly dispatch

• williia
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2020 05:30 #8777 by williia
8760 hourly dispatch was created by williia
Paul, I just joined the forum and trying to do a simple yearly 8760 dispatch AC coupled solar + storage with the following:
-  xxx MW solar facility - I have the 8760 profile (no need for weather or geography data)
-  xxx MW battery that can discharge over 4 hours and 365 days a year cycling constraint
- battery will discharge each day when there is enough solar from HE 17-20 (4 hours of equal discharge)
- battery can only charge from the solar and if i provide an 8760 price profile - I would like to charge it during low priced hours
- .88 storage loss factor
- with 1 year data - I don't have to worry about solar and battery degradation

I don't care about financials off the model  or the technical set up of the solar and battery facility - just simple dispatch profile. Hoping to set up a simple model where I can add other solar profiles and different battery sizes where I can plug and play with:
- new price curves
- cycling constraints
Cheers,
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
25 Sep 2020 23:37 #8782 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic 8760 hourly dispatch
Hi Ian,

If you have an 8760 generation profile for the PV system, you can use the Generic Battery model to import that data instead of using the PV Battery model. We demonstrated how to do that to model a WInd Battery system in the "Modeling Batteries in SAM 2020.2.29: Front-of-meter Systems" webinar. You can find a recording at:

sam.nrel.gov/battery-storage/battery-videos.html

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman