PV+Battery+Load, where the battery is allowed to export energy to grid

• BarbaraLemes
  • Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2020 19:28 #8658 by BarbaraLemes
Hi there, 

Thank you for the tool and really appreciate it if you can help me with the request. 

I'm having trouble simulating a PV system + Battery + Load where the battery is allowed to export energy to grid. I know that in BATTERY STORAGE>> PPA it's possible to send energy from a battery to grid, but I need to do it with a specific PV system and load. How can I do this ( PV+Battery+Load, where the battery is allowed to export energy to grid) in SAM?

Could you please help and advice as to what I should be doing. Appreciate your help. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
04 Sep 2020 20:54 #8674 by pgilman
Hi Barbara,

You should be able to model this type of system by using one of the financial models for behind-the-meter (BTM) battery storage: Commercial, Residential, or Third Party Ownership Host / Developer. Those models have inputs for the building or facility load, and dispatch storage to reduce the building owner's monthly electricity bill.

Best regards,
Paul.

• BarbaraLemes
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2020 18:35 - 11 Sep 2020 23:52 #8704 by BarbaraLemes
Thank you for your answer. But I think I haven't made myself clear.

When I use  "PV-battery,Residential"  I'm not able to send energy from battery to grid. It's possible only to send energy from PV system to grid, but i can't do the same with the battery ( this is interesting for me because I have TOU rates).

As you can see in the screenshot I don't have the option in "TIME SERIES" to see the wave "electricity to grid from battery" when I choose "PV-battery,Residential", it's only possible when I choose "Battery>PPA>Single Owner" where I can't input a load.

I will really appreciate it if I could simulate a system with PV+Battery+Load where the battery is allowed to export energy to grid and I could see it. Is it possible? How? Thank you very much.

PV-Battery,Residencial
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 23:52 by pgilman.

Moderators: pgilman