Difference between versions

• gulinacarol
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2012 09:28 #1021 by gulinacarol
Difference between versions was created by gulinacarol
Dear Paul,
I was looking over the weather datas that i got from meteonorm for Ankara, Turkey.
I opened the two versions of SAM one of them is 12.04.2010 version which i am using for modeling a dsih stirling system for my thesis, and the other one is the latest version 11.05.2012. I prefer the old verison 12.04.2012 because i do not want to use the financial model, so i chose the old version to model the no financial model.
But i realized that as i showed in the attachment on the climate section under the weather data information annual averages of direct normal and diffuse horizontal radiations differ, even though i use the same TMY3 format data. Can you help please?

Best regards
Gülin Acarol Zilanl?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
26 Nov 2012 17:23 #1022 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Difference between versions
Dear Gülin,

The older version of SAM shows total annual values, while the current version of SAM shows annual average hourly values. For example, given your weather file:

Old Version:

Total Annual DNI = 1351 kWh/m2/year

Current Version:

Annual Average Hourly DNI = 1351 kWh/m2/year / 8760 h/year = 0.15 W/m2

The current version displays the units Wh/m2 per hour, which is equivalent to the W/m2 in my equation above.

Also, if you want to use a more recent version of SAM, you can use the newer versions and just ignore the financial model input pages and results.

Best regards,
Paul.

• JohnNPE
More
06 Feb 2013 18:42 #1023 by JohnNPE
Replied by JohnNPE on topic Difference between versions
The issue here is that you cannot run the standard report without SAM automatically including the financial analysis.

Moderators: Paul Gilman