Future plan for built-in optimization procedure

• Arian Bahrami
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2020 06:19 #8618 by Arian Bahrami
Hi,

I have been using SAM since 2014 time to time. My question is that is there any future plan by NREL to add built-in optimization option or linking SAM directly to other softwares such as Matlab, Excel to exchange data in between. I found out that the old versions such as SAM 2012 once had the optimization option but I am not sure why it has been removed afterwards. At the moment, I think it is a quite big challenge to add optimization algorithms in customized LK scripts.

Best regards,

Arian 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
27 Aug 2020 16:41 #8629 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Future plan for built-in optimization procedure
Hi Arian,

You could use SAM's Parametric and Stochastic simulation options for some kinds of optimization.

The SAM Software Development Kit has tools you can use to interact with the SAM Simulation Core (SSC) from code you write in MATLAB or other languages. For more information, see sam.nrel.gov/software-development-kit-sdk.html.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Arian Bahrami
  • Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2020 06:01 #8734 by Arian Bahrami
Replied by Arian Bahrami on topic Future plan for built-in optimization procedure
Dear Paul 

I managed to change the SAM's generated MATLAB code to run it within MATLAB with different optimization algorithms such as GA, BEE,...etc. Having worked with almost all Renewable energy softwares, I found SAM's flexibility much more useful than others.  

Best Regards,

Arian

• khaled Bataineh
More
28 Oct 2020 23:28 #8946 by khaled Bataineh
Replied by khaled Bataineh on topic Future plan for built-in optimization procedure
Dear Arian, 

I am interested in linking the SAM to MATLAB to run say GA optimization, Can you please share your experience in further details. 

Moderators: Paul Gilman