We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Trouble with SWH Simulation

• Aldo
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2020 19:38 - 13 Aug 2020 19:57 #8569 by Aldo
Trouble with SWH Simulation was created by Aldo
Hi, I'm having some issues about the results I'm obtaining from the simulation based on my inputs. Could you please help me with this problem?
I send photos of the simulation and the complete file.
Best regards.
Last edit: 13 Aug 2020 19:57 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
13 Aug 2020 20:56 #8572 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Trouble with SWH Simulation
Hi Aldo,

The image you posted did not render correctly. To include and image with your post, please attach it as an image file and then you can insert it to your message.

Anyway, I think the error you are seeing is about the building electric load profile estimator (BELPE), which is enabled by choosing the Calculate Load Data option on the Electric Load data. You might try using the Input Time Series Load Data instead. This data is used for the electricity bill calculation, so may not be relevant to your solar water heating model.

I noticed that you are modeling a system in the southern hemisphere with a solar collector azimuth angle (on the Solar Water Heating page) of 180 degrees. That would be facing north, perhaps you should change that to zero degrees.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Aldo
  • Topic Author
More
13 Aug 2020 21:23 #8575 by Aldo
Replied by Aldo on topic Trouble with SWH Simulation
Thank you so much, now I can see better results. 
What was I seeing before is in photos 1 to 3, and now is in 4 to 6.

Another question, about the terms of escalation, degradation and load growth rate. How can I find these in my system?

Best regards.

• pgilman
More
13 Aug 2020 22:26 #8576 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Trouble with SWH Simulation
Hi Aldo,

Those inputs can be found on the following input pages:

The annual AC degradation rate is an annual reduction in the system's output and is on the Lifetime and Degradation page.

There are different escalation rates in SAM. In general, an escalation rate is an annual percentage increase in cost that applies in addition to inflation. There are escalation rates on the Electricity Rates page, Incentives page, and System Costs page, for example.

The load growth rate is an annual increase in electricity usage on the Electric Load page.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman