We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

SSC dll 32 bit and 64 bit filenames

• mark.norman
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2020 00:14 #8521 by mark.norman
SSC dll 32 bit and 64 bit filenames was created by mark.norman
Hi, Paul and everyone else at “NREL SAM”I hope you are all safe from COVID 19. Here in Perth, Western Australia we are very lucky, as we only have a handful of active cases. I have a running 64 bit C# (visual studio) application that is accessing the PVWatts7 API.I used the code generator to get started: It output these dll’s:
  • ssc.dll
  • ssc64.dll
It had these 2 imports within the example C# language wrapper:
  • [DllImport("[b]ssc32.dll[/b]", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl, EntryPoint = "ssc_version")]
  • [DllImport("ssc64.dll", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl, EntryPoint = "ssc_version")]
I want to have both 64- and 32-bit installation options. When I compile for 32 bit, the example program looks for “ssc32.dll”, however I do not have it. Is the ssc.dll the 32-bit version, and I should just update the import statements to this name or rename the file?Thanks Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 Aug 2020 21:49 #8524 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic SSC dll 32 bit and 64 bit filenames
Hi Norman,

We discontinued support for a Windows 32-bit version of SAM and SSC as of 2020.2.29. It took some effort to manage dependencies for both versions, and given Microsoft's waning support for 32-bit versions of the latest Windows products, we decided to only support 64-bit SSC.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman