We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Can't Download Utility Rates

• jjoe77
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2020 18:53 #8506 by jjoe77
Can't Download Utility Rates was created by jjoe77
For some reason every single current rate plan for my utility (Southern California Edison) is NOT marked as "approved" in the OpenEI database, which makes those plans inaccessible for downloading to SAM. Is there a way to force SAM to search ALL plans in the OpenEI database?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
31 Jul 2020 20:54 - 31 Jul 2020 20:59 #8512 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Can't Download Utility Rates
Hi Joseph,

You should be able to show all of the rates available for SCE (or any other utility company) by clearing the Show Active Only check box, and choosing All Schedules at the top right corner of the OpenEI Utility Rate Database window. SAM should list all of the rates, regardless of whether they are approved.

I think the issue may be that SAM is accessing an older version of the OpenEI database than the one available online.

If there is a rate online that you would like to use in SAM, you could enter it manually -- the structure of the online database is similar to SAM's so it should be straightforward, if a bit tedious to enter the data. For example, the energy rate data for the SCE TOU-D-4-9PM residential rate looks like this on the website:

And you would enter it like this in SAM:

Once you have entered the rate data in SAM, you can use the Save rate data and Load rate data buttons near the top of the Electricity Rates page to use the data to use in different SAM files without having to enter it each time.

I have created an Issue in the SAM code repository, so hopefully we can update this for the next version, which we plan to release at the end of this calendar year (2020): github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/361.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2020 20:59 by pgilman.

• jjoe77
  • Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2020 05:55 #8516 by jjoe77
Replied by jjoe77 on topic Can't Download Utility Rates
Thank you. I have the rates edited, but I can't figure out how to edit the schedule to specify when each rate applies.

• pgilman
More
06 Aug 2020 22:00 #8527 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Can't Download Utility Rates
Hi Joseph,

That process is described in Help: Use your mouse to select a rectangle in the weekday or weekend schedule matrix and type a number to assign a period number to that section of the matrix. Use the letters a, b, or c if you need to assign numbers 10, 11 or 12 respectively.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman