We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Interpret the operating expenses in the Cash Flow Results

• kai_xu
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jul 2020 21:46 #8475 by kai_xu
Hi there,

My SAM version is 2020.2.29. I find it's difficult to interpret the total operating expenses ($) in the cash flow for the SAM project attached.  

I created a fixed-tilt PV+AC system with the SDG&E time of delivery schedule. After the simulation, in the Cash Flow file, I am assuming the total operating expenses equals to all operating related costs: O&M, battery replacement, property tax expenses, and insurance expense. However, the total operating expenses are significantly higher than the sum of all costs.

The Year 1 total operating expenses are over 4 million while the sum of all operating expenses is less than 2 million. It seems the number difference only applies to this specific configuration. PV+DC, PV only, PV+AC with uniform TOD do not have such a significant difference.  
It would be helpful if anyone can help me find/ calculate it. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
22 Jul 2020 22:09 #8476 by pgilman
Hi Kaifeng Xu,

I don't see the discrepancy you are describing in the file you attached. (I'm using the latest version of SAM, SAM 2020.2.29 r2).

On the Cash Flow tab, the total of $4.79 million is equal to $900,919 + $3,179,669 + $705,328:

And the results are similar in the Excel workbook generated when I click Send to Excel with Equations:

Are you seeing something different?

Best regards,
Paul.

• kai_xu
  • Topic Author
More
22 Jul 2020 22:15 #8477 by kai_xu
Thanks, Paul.

I think I used the older version (2020.2.29 without the revision), thus missing the electricity purchase row. The revised version makes sense.

Best,
Kai

Moderators: pgilman