We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

How download the weather data

• Wanrong
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2020 15:16 #8398 by Wanrong
How download the weather data was created by Wanrong
Dear Paul,

Recently I met a problem when i tried to download the weather file. Here, for example I found a point which could provide MTS3 data, but when i download the data, it doesn't provide a choice to download it as shown in the pictures I attached below. Could please explain how to download this MTS3 data for SAM? Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Francasca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 Jul 2020 15:26 #8400 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic How download the weather data
Dear Francesca,

The NSRDB Data Viewer does not provide access to the legacy MTS data. You could try using the Legacy data (advanced) option on SAM's Location and Resource page.

You can also download NSRDB data using one of the NREL solar data downloads APIs listed at developer.nrel.gov/docs/solar/nsrdb/.

Best regards,
Paul.

• jiajiazheng
More
15 Oct 2020 22:06 #8867 by jiajiazheng
Replied by jiajiazheng on topic How download the weather data
Hi Paul - there is no Legacy data (advanced) option in SAM 2020.2.29. What other options do I have to download TMY 3 weather files?

• pgilman
More
19 Oct 2020 22:09 #8892 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic How download the weather data
Hi Jiajia,

The National Solar Radiation Database is no longer supporting the old "TMY3" dataset. You can find links to NSRDB archived data here sam.nrel.gov/weather-data.html.

We are bringing the "Advanced" download option back in the next version of SAM, but it will be to provide better access to the latest data from the NSRDB.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman