We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

How to input parameters in molten salt CSP model

• pgilman
More
25 Jun 2020 17:49 #8357 by pgilman
Hi Francesca,

One optimization solution is not necessarily more acceptable than another, so you will have to make a judgement and choose a solution. Using the same initial values may result in a different solution for different runs. I'm not sure changing the initial values to the previous optimizations optimal values will help.

We do hope to improve the algorithm in the future to make it more robust, but do not have plans to do so in the immediate future.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wanrong
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2020 17:54 - 29 Jun 2020 18:45 #8363 by Wanrong
Dear Paul,

Here is my another simulation,
My initial values are : Tower height = 203.33m, Receiver height  = 20.41m, Receiver diameter = 17.67m.
After I optimized the layout of heliostats, New values are: Tower height = 133.816m, Receiver height  = 10.8271m, Receiver diameter = 7.88733m, Heliostats reflective area = 88060 m2 . I accepted the updates of this layout.

In the same file, based on this updated layout (The number of heliostats and tower height, receiver height etc are already changed), I choose to optimize the layout again: Then the value became: Tower height = 63.8577m, Receiver height  = 8.50437m, Receiver diameter = 4.89721m, Heliostats reflective area = 94613 m2 .

So in this case, the tower height and receiver geometry are quite different. Then if i optimize the layout based on a already optimized result, is this acceptable or I should only optimize it once?

Best regards,
Francesca
Last edit: 29 Jun 2020 18:45 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman