Hybrid CSP-PV error in running Combine Cases macros

• Luisa
  • Topic Author
More
11 Apr 2020 10:12 #8113 by Luisa
Hi,
I am trying to model a hybrid plant of Solar Tower CSP and PV. I created a General System to combine the two cases, but after I run the simulation it gives me an error and a message regarding the CSP. You can find both the message and the final error attached.
Thank you
Luisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
14 Apr 2020 22:43 - 18 May 2023 15:34 #8120 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Hybrid CSP-PV error in running Combine Cases macros
UPDATE: As of SAM 2021.12.02, the Combine Cases macro is replaced by the Calculate generation profiles and nameplate capacity from open cases option on the Power Plant page for the Generic System model and Generic Battery model. See the SAM YouTube channel for a short tutorial .

Please see sam.nrel.gov/forum/forum-general/2973-hybrid-csp-pv-error-in-running-combine-cases-macros.html.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 18 May 2023 15:34 by Paul Gilman.

• Luisa
  • Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2020 06:46 #8122 by Luisa
here is the sam file.
Best regards,
Luisa

File Attachment:

File Name: Hybrid1.sam
File Size:257 KB
Attachments:

• Paul Gilman
More
15 Apr 2020 17:29 #8128 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Hybrid CSP-PV error in running Combine Cases macros
Hi Luisa,

Thank you for sending the file.

In SAM 2020.2.29, the Detailed PV model runs a simulation over the analysis period to better model module degradation. It turns out that the Combine Cases macro was written to work only for simulations over a single year, which was the behavior in earlier versions of SAM. We will need to update the macro to fix the problem, which we will do for the next software update.

In the meantime, I posted instructions for a workaround on the SAM GitHub repository:

github.com/NREL/SAM/issues/282

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman