We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Manual dispatch mnodel

• Aljude95
  • Topic Author
More
30 Mar 2020 20:46 #8087 by Aljude95
Manual dispatch mnodel was created by Aljude95
Hello,

I am trying to model a utility scale solar+battery storage system that will take part in a state incentive program (Single owner, PPA).

Q1) I would like to know if I can schedule charging of the battery from just clipped energy during certain periods? On using a manual dispatch algorithm, for a certain defined period - Does the "Charge from the system" mean it will charge from both PV+Clipped energy during the period defined? What if I define another period that includes both "charging from system" and "discharge", will the Battery system just charge from clipped energy in that case during the defined period?

Q2) What does % capacity mean under "Discharge". Discharge to given % of capacity available? Or discharge to % of total Battery capacity?

Q3) Does discharge always occur at max C rate of discharge? Is there any way to tailor C rates for different periods of time?

Q4) For Time of Day (TOD) schedule data, if it is not within the library prepared by California electric utility companies; What format should this file be in and within the file what does the data look like? Can you provide an example/attachment of this?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
30 Mar 2020 21:48 #8089 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Manual dispatch mnodel
Hi Alston,

1. For a front-of-meter DC-connected battery, in manual dispatch mode, for periods that you allow the battery to charge from system, power that would have otherwise been limited by the inverter may be used to charge the battery. If the PV array is supplying full power to the inverter and the battery is not fully charged, the array power will charge the battery rather than being limited by the inverter. Note that for an AC-connected battery, battery power cannot be used to reduce inverter power limiting.

2. For the manual dispatch model, the % capacity is a percentage of the battery's available charge in a given time step.

3. The manual dispatch model's % capacity determines the charge and discharge rate in a given time step. The Max C-rate of charge and discharge inputs are limits to the charge and discharge rates.

4. On the Revenue page, under "Time of Delivery," you can use the "Save data to file" button to export the time of delivery inputs to a text file that you can review to see what the format looks like.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman