We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Average power consumption of PV single axis tracking

• Dimitrij
  • Topic Author
More
23 Feb 2020 18:10 - 25 Feb 2020 09:17 #7996 by Dimitrij
Hello everyone,

does anyone have any idea how much power single axis tracking consumes on average? So what percentage of the generated power is consumed by tracking?
I have been googling for a long time but unfortunately i did not find an answer.

Thanks a lot!

Update 25/02/2020:
According to this datasheet of a single-axis tracking system (www.degerenergie.de/files/pdf/Datenblaetter%20DEGERtracker/Deutsch/DEGER_S100-DR_Datenblatt_DE_2018-12.pdf) (in German) the power consumption is about 5W per installed Module (100V∙2.3A/44 Modules=5.2W/Module).
Last edit: 25 Feb 2020 09:17 by Dimitrij.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bill.sekulic
More
30 Mar 2020 18:48 #8085 by bill.sekulic
Replied by bill.sekulic on topic Average power consumption of PV single axis tracking
You can probably start by contacting some tracker companies or looking at their websites.
(I see you have tried this)
You might need to call their tech support lines if you want detailed information.

Some trackers are PV Powered, independent of the PV systems, so they consume very little of the generated power for logging or control etc.

-Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman