We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Tracker rotation limit field

• Sunlight
  • Topic Author
More
04 Feb 2020 21:22 #7935 by Sunlight
Tracker rotation limit field was created by Sunlight
"Tracker rotation limit (deg)" on the System Design page is set to 45 degrees and is inaccessible.  This causes an error, SSC requires input 'gen', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations.  How do I correct the error?  What value turns the Tracker rotation limit field on?
Thanks,
Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
04 Feb 2020 22:22 #7940 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Tracker rotation limit field
Hi Ben,

The tracker rotation limit input variable is only required when you choose the "1 Axis" tracking option. For the other tracking options, SAM disables the input on the System Design page and ignores its value.

That error message usually indicates that there is a problem with one of the inputs. If you continue to have trouble with it, please reply with an attached copy of the .sam file that generates the message so I can test it.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Sunlight
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2020 19:52 #7946 by Sunlight
Replied by Sunlight on topic Tracker rotation limit field
Hi Paul,
See attached file and I am sending you another different message.
Thank you,
Ben

• pgilman
More
05 Feb 2020 22:36 #7950 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Tracker rotation limit field
Hi Ben,

Thank you for sending the file.

The simulation fails because the number of MPPT inputs on the Inverter page is set to 3 and there is more than one inverter. SAM cannot model more than one inverter with multiple MPPT inputs. To fix that problem, set the number of MPPT inputs to 1.

I did not see an issue with the tracker rotation limit. That input variable is disabled because it does not apply to the fixed tracking option.

There is a simulation error about snow because the weather file does not contain snow depth data. To avoid that error, you should clear the "Estimate losses from snow coverage" check box on the Shading and Layout.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman