We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Scaling issues in Time series

• nko
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2020 08:47 #7907 by nko
Scaling issues in Time series was created by nko
Hi,

I have notice some discrepancies in the time series representation of electricity loads in the results tab.
Indeed, while doing a "generic system" simulation over a 25 years analysis period with 15-minutes temporal resolution load profile, both time series "Lifetime electricity load (kW)" and "Electricity load (year 1) (kW)" are not similar for the first year (see screenshot attached). Actually, it's seems that the "Lifetime electricity load (kW)" is 4x smaller than "Electricity load (year 1) (kW)" (which corresponds to the power profile I configured).

Could it be linked to scaling issues regarding the sub-hourly load profile?
It this only an issue of graphical representation or could this also affect the simulation results?

Note that this issue appears on both version 2018.11.11 and 2020.1.14.

Thank you for the support.
Best,
Nelson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
29 Jan 2020 00:03 #7908 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Scaling issues in Time series
Hi Nelson,

Thank you for pointing this out. We are investigating, and I will follow up when I learn more.

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
04 Feb 2020 21:54 #7937 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Scaling issues in Time series
Hi Nelson,

This is an issue with how SAM reports the "Lifetime electricity load (kW)" output variable for subhourly simulations. The magnitude of that data should match the magnitude of the input load data. We will fix this issue in the next release of SAM.

Note that the internal calculations use the correct data, so it is only a problem with the value "Lifetime electricity load (kW)" shown in the results.

Thank you for pointing out this issue!

Best regards,
Paul.

• nko
  • Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2020 08:48 #7943 by nko
Replied by nko on topic Scaling issues in Time series
Hi Paul,

Thank you for this reply and glad to hear that it doesn't affect the results.

Best,
Nelson

Moderators: pgilman