We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

LEAC and Energy Rates on Guam

• pgilman
More
29 Jan 2020 00:21 - 29 Jan 2020 00:30 #7910 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic LEAC and Energy Rates on Guam
Hi Rob,

A compiled executable for SDKtool comes with the SAM desktop application when you install SAM. You can find it in the linux_64 folder SAM installation folder, which, on Linux, might be something like:
home/SAM/2018.11.11/linux_64

Note that you can load different versions of the SSC library into SDKtool, which is useful for comparing input and output variables of different modules across different versions.

Please see the SDK page on this website for more on working with the SDK, including where to find documentation for SDKtool:

sam.nrel.gov/software-development-kit-sdk.html

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2020 00:30 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• frohro
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2020 03:39 #7913 by frohro
Replied by frohro on topic LEAC and Energy Rates on Guam
Wow!  Thanks Paul!

Rob

• frohro
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2020 07:49 #7917 by frohro
Thanks Paul,
The issue was that somewhere in the docs I saw that on linux it was all lower case "sdktool".  I don't know where that was, but on the page you cite above, it is SDKtool, and just where you said it was.
Thanks!
Rob

• frohro
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jan 2020 08:41 #7918 by frohro
Hi Paul,
I'm contemplating your suggestion for implementing the changing rate structure.  Here are my thoughts.  I'd love your critique.
  • I load the .json file inputs from SAM exports.
  • I run pvwatts7, and transfer the output from that to utilityrate5.
  • I run utilityrate5 once per year, with a ur_ec_tou_mat modified with the rate data for each year.  I multiply the system_of_use_lifetime_output by (1-degredation)^n, where n, an element of {0, 1, ... N-1}, is the year I'm simulating for the nth year.  (Similar for the load_escallation, if I use it.)  I save all the outputs for each yearly simulation.
  • I haven't figured out how to integrate those inputs as an input to cashloan yet, but hopefully that will be possible.  :-)
Thanks for the assistance!
Rob

• pgilman
More
30 Jan 2020 00:43 #7919 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic LEAC and Energy Rates on Guam
Hi Rob,

That sounds like a reasonable approach, although I'm not sure what system_of_use_lifetime_output is. I think you mean that you'll apply the annual degradation rate to the values in the time series (hourly or subhourly) array for the system output to account for degradation, which makes sense.

I fixed a couple of those references to "sdktool" instead of "SDKtool" and tried to make it clear that it's in the linux_64 folder in some revisions I made yesterday.

Best regards,
Paul.

• frohro
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jan 2020 04:33 #7922 by frohro
Hi Paul,
The beta version SDKtool doesn't seem to come with the 2020.1.14 beta, so that might confuse people too.
Thanks for all the assistance!
Rob

Moderators: pgilman