System cost data access | Changing direct and indirect costs

• Daniel
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2019 11:18 #7786 by Daniel
Hi,

I would like to get access to the system cost data, however when I use the link
sam.nrel.gov/cost  to have access to the data, I receive an error and I can't have access to the web page.

I am a recent user of SAM and I intend to use it to do technical-economic access of projects in the UK and Ireland using different technologies.
I have access to information about direct and indirect costs using local coins (£ and €), so I would like to ask if I can build a bespoken cost lists that automatically populate the financial parameters.

King regards,
Daniel Prata

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
13 Nov 2019 15:49 #7787 by Paul Gilman
Hi Daniel,

We recently made changes to the SAM website to organize information by technology and financial structure, so instead of a single Costs page for all technologies, there is one for each. For example, for photovoltaic system costs, you can go to this page:

sam.nrel.gov/photovoltaic/pv-sub-page-3.html

Please use the navigation menu along the left side of the website to find Cost pages for the other technologies.

SAM uses the dollar sign ($) to indicate currency. It is not possible to change the currency symbol.

If you want to import cost data from an Excel spreadsheet and are using the Windows version of SAM, you could use Excel Exchange to automatically read values from the spreadsheet. You can read about SAM's Excel Exchange feature in Help: In SAM, press the F1 key or click Help, and use the table of contents to find the Excel Exchange topic under References. You could also write an LK script to exchange the data. You can find examples of both approaches here:

github.com/NREL/SAM/tree/develop/samples/Excel%20Exchange

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman