Text Not Displaying Properly in Linux

• pgilman
More
10 Dec 2020 00:28 #9088 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Text Not Displaying Properly in Linux
Hi Aaron,

That's good to know. The fonts and font sizes are different in Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of SAM, which contributes to the overlap issues even with the standard font settings.

Thanks,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benT
More
18 Nov 2022 17:45 - 18 Nov 2022 18:36 #11708 by benT
Replied by benT on topic Text Not Displaying Properly in Linux
Hi, I just installed SAM version 2021-12-02-r2 on Linux (POP!_OS 22.04) and I'm seeing the same type of issue. The text is overlapping to the point that it would be very difficult to use SAM. I'm looking at the different menus for a detailed PV model. I see the same thing on my high resolution monitor and lower resolution monitor. Would be great if anyone has a work around.
Last edit: 18 Nov 2022 18:36 by pgilman.

• pgilman
More
18 Nov 2022 18:38 #11709 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Text Not Displaying Properly in Linux
Hi,

We are gradually working to fix these issues. It requires that we manually adjust the size of user interface widgets so takes some time.

We are preparing to release SAM 2022.11.21 at the end of this month, which will fix some of these layout problems and will continue to work on them for the first update to that version.

Please attach screenshots to your posts on this forum instead of copying and pasting them: It would be helpful for us to know which input pages you are seeing these problems on.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman