We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Determining percentage of PV power produced in each time-of-use rate period

• burkeoneal
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2019 23:59 #7499 by burkeoneal
Hello,

I'm trying to determine the approximate percentage of PV power that would be produced in each time-of-use rate period for each month. I thought maybe if I specified no energy consumption and buy all/sell all I would get the energy produced in each time-of-use rate period by month under Electricity Rate Data by Tier/Electricity Exports with System. From that, I could determine percentage of PV power produced in each time-of-use rate period per month. Tried this and selecting other combinations with no success. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
03 Jul 2019 15:47 - 03 Jul 2019 15:53 #7505 by pgilman
Hi Burke,

The rate data by tier/period tables do not include output of the PV system. However, you could use the hourly data table to determine the system's output (or any other time series value) by month and TOU period:

1. On the Results page, click Data tables.
  2. Expand the Hourly Data list.
  3. Choose the "System power generated" and "TOU period for energy charges" variables.
  4. Click Copy to clipboard (above the table).
  5. Open a spreadsheet program and paste the data.
You can then use the spreadsheet to determine how much power the system generates by month.

If you are handy with coding, you could also use SAM's built-in LK scripting language to generate a table using the gen and year1_hourly_ec_tou_schedule output variables. The hourly_time_stamps.lk and hourly_to_monthly_totals.lk sample LK scripts might be useful references if you decide to write a script.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 03 Jul 2019 15:53 by pgilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman