New PV module

• bloosolar
  • Topic Author
More
17 Aug 2012 16:00 #770 by bloosolar
New PV module was created by bloosolar
How do I enter the parameters of a new PV module that is not in the drop down menu?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
17 Aug 2012 18:07 #771 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic New PV module
For the flat-plate PV model, on the Module page, choose the "CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications" option.

Best regards,
Paul.

• wwglaze
More
05 Feb 2013 13:06 #772 by wwglaze
Replied by wwglaze on topic New PV module
Can you clarify the following parameters for entering a "CEC performance model with user entered specifications":
A_ref, I_I_ref, I_o_ref, adjust, Gamma_r?

• Paul Gilman
More
05 Feb 2013 23:49 #773 by Paul Gilman
Hello,

Those parameters are not required inputs for the CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications.

SAM displays them for reference for the CEC Perfromance Model with Module Database option. They are internal parameters that were used to generated the model coefficients.

Best regards,
Paul.

• wwglaze
More
06 Feb 2013 12:52 #774 by wwglaze
Replied by wwglaze on topic New PV module
What are the required parameters to be entered for CEC Modules? Since I will be editing a copied module, do I clear out the values for the parameters not needed such as: a_ref, I_I_ref, I_O_ref, Gamma_r?

• Paul Gilman
More
08 Feb 2013 21:31 #775 by Paul Gilman
If you are modeling a module using the CEC Performance Model with User Entered Specifications, you can see a list of the required parameters on the Module page. They are the standard parameters listed on manufacturer specification sheets, and do not include the parameters you list.

If you are editing or adding a module library entry for the CEC Performance Model with Module Database, the parameters you mention have to be calculated using on module specification data and empirical data from a module test protocol. I
am not aware of a way to generate those parameters unless you have access to the necessary data and calculation tools.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: Paul Gilman