We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Supercritical CO2 for Molten Salt Power Tower plants.

• jqcano
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2019 01:46 #6796 by jqcano
Dear Paul,

I'm trying to simulate Gemasolar plant (Sevilla, Spain) with different power cycles. Now I'm trying the recompression sCO2 cycle, but I found this error when calculating the design point:

exec fail(sco2_csp_system): The compressor inlet temperature input was 87 [C]. This value was reset internally to the max allowable inlet temperature: 70 [C]
The turbine inlet temperature input was 35 [C]. This value was reset internally to the min allowable inlet temperature: 300 [C]
To solve the cycle within the allowable recuperator conductance, the design cycle thermal efficiency, 0.445, must be at least less than the Carnot efficiency: 0.401291

I suppose that I'm not misunderstanding some inputs:
Air cooler approach temperature refers to "compressor inlet temperature"?
PHX approach temperature refers to "turbine inlet temperature"?
Furthermore, any advise about any other cycles that I could simulate in SAM por MSPT plants would be welcomed!
Thanks for your help!

Javier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 Jun 2019 20:40 #7445 by pgilman
Dear Javier,

Those input variables are defined in the SAM help system (CSP Power Tower, Molten Salt Tower, Power Cycle, Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Power Cycle).

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman