Is there a way to prioretise electricity contribution to the load?

• Ole Martin
  • Topic Author
More
11 May 2019 13:35 #6789 by Ole Martin
Hello, I am in a bit of a hurry here. I am writing a bachelors about a solar energy system in Zimbabwe. My question is, is there a way to prioretise electricity contribution to the load in SAM? For example i want to use as little of the grid as possible, and the PV while it is sunny and the battery when it is no sun.

My program right now uses the grid even tough my battery State of charge does not go under 88%.
I have atttatched the file, and a picture.

Best regards, Ole :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
23 May 2019 23:32 - 24 May 2019 22:27 #6835 by Paul Gilman
Hi Ole,

How SAM dispatches the battery depends on the Storage Dispatch Options you choose on the Battery Storage page.

If you use the Manual Dispatch Model, be sure that you check the Allow box under Discharge for any periods you want the battery to help meet the load.

If you choose a peak shaving option, SAM will dispatch the battery to try to minimize demand charges, so it may only dispatch the battery during times of peak load.

SAM will always use grid power any time there is not enough power from the PV array or battery to meet the load.

For example, the following manual dispatch strategy will charge the battery at night, and use solar and battery power during the day to meet the load. If the PV array and battery are large enough, no grid power will be used during the day.

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 24 May 2019 22:27 by Paul Gilman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Paul Gilman