We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Error in running tornado chart

• abelapur
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2019 13:14 #6778 by abelapur
Error in running tornado chart was created by abelapur
While creating a tornado chart with input variable as the energy charge TOU matrix, I get an error "Error with input variable: Energy charge TOU matrix. Must be a number."
Where exactly in the model is it expecting a numeric input?

I have run the simulation for multiple commercial and residential rates and I'm getting this error every time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 May 2019 15:45 #6779 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Error in running tornado chart
Hello,

The "Energy charge TOU rate matrix" input is a two-dimensional array of numbers. The Create a Tornado Chart macro only works with inputs that are numbers.

It is not possible to generate a tornado chart using the macro for an value that is part of an array. For example, the buy rate is part of an array that defines the rate structure for energy charges, so it is not possible to generate a tornado chart for the buy rate unless you modify the code in the macro.

SAM's macro are written in the LK scripting language. The following LK code snippet extracts the buy rate from the energy charge matrix:

x = get('ur_ec_tou_mat');
for( i=0; i<#x; i++ )
{
	buy_rate[i] = x[i][4];
}

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman