We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Integrated solar combined cycle using Aspen tech. with SAM

• Omar Khaled
  • Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2018 22:22 #6471 by Omar Khaled
Hello ..

It's my first time to use System Advisor Model (SAM) and i choose it in my graduation project: Simulation and optimization of an Integrated Solar Combined Cycle (ISCC) using Parabolic Through and Solar Tower and comparing between them. But beside SAM, i'm using Aspen Tech (Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus) to simulate the combined cycle part. So i'm asking if:

Firstly, Can i integrate the two programs (SAM and Aspen Plus) together to simulate the combined part using Aspen Plus with the solar part (SAM) to form the ISCC and simulate the whole cycle? .. If it's possible, how can i do that? or how can i form a one block from SAM with many inputs and outputs stream and insert the block into Aspen Plus?

Secondly, Are there any loaded samples or examples or tutorials on the Parabolic Through collectors and Solar tower can i find to learn how to use it on SAM?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Omar..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Oct 2018 21:31 #6472 by pgilman
Dear Omar,

SAM's ISCC model is for a power tower system only. There is not an ISCC trough model.

SAM's Physical Trough model has a "User Defined Power Cycle" option on the Power Cycle input page that allows you to model the power cycle using performance data from another model. That option is not available with the Tower ISCC model.

You can find links to webinar recordings on the Webinars page of this website. The webinar pages have links to supporting materials including presentation slides, and in some cases, sample SAM files:

sam.nrel.gov/webinars

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman