We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Number of heliostat field in solar tower

• taqy25100
  • Topic Author
More
06 Sep 2018 15:33 #6432 by taqy25100
Number of heliostat field in solar tower was created by taqy25100
Hi Paul, I hope you are doing well.
Thank you very much for your support and for spending time to answer to members' questions.
I'm trying to simulate a solar tower power plant with different sizes. My issue is that even I try to change the plant design including design turbine gross output and/or solar multiple, but the number of heliostats in the solar field or even the reflective area don't change, both in version 2014.1.14 and 2017.9.5. Is there any option to fix this issue without passing through the optimization?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 Sep 2018 22:15 #6433 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Number of heliostat field in solar tower
Hello,

The purpose of the optimization is to recalculate the number and positions of heliostats in the field based on the design parameters you provide. If you change the design parameters without generating a new layout and optimizing the field geometry, the number and location of heliostats will not change.

Note that you can also import a table of heliostat coordinates if you generate that data outside of SAM.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman