We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Inverters designed for oversized arrays

• gregflynn
  • Topic Author
More
03 Sep 2018 17:53 #6426 by gregflynn
Inverters designed for oversized arrays was created by gregflynn
Is there a way to handle inverters that allow oversized arrays? Specifically, the new SMA PEAK3 and Solectria XGI-1500 inverters both allow DC/AC ratios of up to 1.5. Unfortunately, when I enter the parameters SAM computes the maximum DC input power from the maximum AC input power and the efficiency, but for these inverters they are two separate specifications.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
04 Sep 2018 14:44 #6427 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Inverters designed for oversized arrays
Dear Greg,

SAM does not limit the DC/AC ratio, so you can model as large an array as you like for a given inverter.

I would recommend using the "Specify modules and inverters" option on the System Design page to ensure that you model the system as you intend. The "Specify desired array size" is a good way to get started sizing the system, but as you note, may not be able to assign the values you want for modules per string, strings in parallel, and number of inverters.

If you would like me to review your SAM file please either attach it to your original post above by editing it, or email it to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman