We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

How to build a dll with SDK and Visual Studio

• Unknown User
  • Topic Author
07 Aug 2018 21:05 #6390 by Unknown User
How to build a dll with SDK and Visual Studio was created by Unknown User
Hello,

I am trying to understand how I can create a dll file (like ssc.dll in win32/win64 folder) with my settings or parameters to meet my needs.
I have downloaded the different folders named respectively : SAM-develop, sam-sdk-2017-9-5-r4, and ssc-develop.
I use Visual Studio 2013 for my projects.

- In a webinar from 2013 I remember that SDK does not allow you to modify a simulation module's source code. So my question is : how can I find the source code of ssc.dll to build it myself with VS 2013 ; this will allow me to make changes and I will be able to perform the simulations I want ?

- Is it possible with the cloud coverage (and other parameters) to assess the power that could be produced in the next days (forecasting) instead of using a Typical Meteorological Year (TMY) using and modifying the source code that you provide in my own software ?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance, and I am looking forward to hearing from you,
Respectfully,
Ludovic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
07 Aug 2018 21:26 #6391 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic How to build a dll with SDK and Visual Studio
Dear Ludovic,

The source code for SAM is hosted on NREL's GitHub.com repository. Please see this page on the SAM website for an introduction to the Open Source repository and links to GitHub. See the GitHub wiki for build instructions:

sam.nrel.gov/opensource

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman