PTGen/DELSOL3 intermediate results for CSP Power Tower model

• Paul Gilman
More
02 Jul 2014 18:05 #645 by Paul Gilman
Dear Clotilde,
The version of PTgen that comes with SAM 2014.1.14 has the option to save files, so you no longer need to download the special version we provided in the link above. Here's how:

1. Find exelib\tools\PTGen.exe in the SAM installation folder (C:\SAM\2014.1.14\ by default in Windows).

2. Start SAM, and open or create a power tower case.

3. Run a simulation.

4. Press the Shift-F9 keys to open the SAM working folder.

5. In the working folder, navigate to the simulation data folder for the power tower case. It is named \BASE. You should see a file named SAM_Tower_DELSOL.inc among other files.

6. Copy PTGen.exe from the installation folder to the simulation data folder. (Be sure to leave a copy in the installation folder.)

7. Use a text editor to open the file SAM_Tower_DELSOL.inc.

8. Scroll to the bottom of the file, and add the line "save_files=1" after the "Rec_d_spec" line and before the "/" line.

9. Save the file.

10. Double-click PTGen.exe in the working folder to run it. You should see a Windows Command window. When it finishes running, in the simulation data folder, you should see 96 files with names like DELSOL3_Flux_172_005.txt. These files contain the receiver flux data.
When PTGen is finished running you should see the flux map text files in the working folder.
Best regards,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CORSI
More
07 Jul 2014 03:55 #646 by CORSI
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your answer. I just would like to ask if it is normal that it provides only one text file; called "DELSOL3_Optimize.txt".

Best regards,
Clothilde

• Paul Gilman
More
07 Jul 2014 16:23 #647 by Paul Gilman
Dear Clotilde,
I wasn't very clear in my instructions about the folder names. Please be sure to put the copy of PTGen.exe in the /BASE folder, not in the /ptwizard folder. I revised the instructions above to be clearer.
Does that help?
Best regards,

Paul.

• CORSI
More
14 Jul 2014 06:54 #648 by CORSI
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your answer. I took each step you described above, the results are the same. The file provided is a quite complete analyze of the field, so it should be the only output.
Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Clotilde

Moderators: Paul Gilman