We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Using SAM to get the blended $/kWh from interval data

• cgirongu
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2018 17:02 #6022 by cgirongu
Hello all,

I'm working with a couple of companies that do not like sharing their electric bills when they put out a request for proposals (RFP), as many times they get special rates after negotiating with the utilities. This represents an issue when they try to get accurate quotes for on site renewable energy.

I was wondering if there is a way to use SAM with interval data and rate as inputs, and obtain blended rate per kWh - $/kWh year or monthly average. This would allow the companies I'm working with to evaluate renewable energy internally to pick the ideal locations, and when they are ready, reach out with RFP's sharing only the blended rate; which would go a lot smoother.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
15 Jan 2018 22:34 #6023 by pgilman
Hello,

I think you should be able to calculate a "blended" rate from SAM's results. Can you tell me exactly what it is? For example, is it the total monthly or annual bill in $ divided by the total power delivered by the grid in kWh?

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman