We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

SSC Build Error

• brettstone
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2018 17:53 #6011 by brettstone
SSC Build Error was created by brettstone
I am building the SAM Open Source and ran into an issue in building the SSC solution. Attached is the image of the error message I get.

I tried deleting google test and re-building and releasing it because of the C1083 error code suggesting a file missing in the googletest. I also have tried multiple different folders in the google test as my environment variables.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ndiorio
08 Jan 2018 22:48 #6012 by ndiorio
Replied by ndiorio on topic SSC Build Error
Hi Brett,

I believe you are getting the C1083 errors because your environment does not know where google test is installed. Please try:

1. Close Visual Studio (environment variable re-definitions don't get picked up by Visual Studio unless you restart it)
2. Ensure your "GTEST" environment variable points to the folder containing the Google Test "README.md" file. For instance, on my computer, it is: "C:\Projects\googletest\googletest\".
You can set an environment variable in a command prompt by typing: SETX GTEST C:\path\to\googletest\googletest
You can verify your environment variable value by opening up a command prompt and typing: echo %GTEST%
3. Reopen Visual Studio, try and build again.

Please let us know if that doesn't work, hopefully that helps.

Best,
Nick

• brettstone
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2018 19:43 #6013 by brettstone
Replied by brettstone on topic SSC Build Error
Thank you for the reply. This did solve the C1083 error but I am still getting an MSB3073 error code. The MSB3073 still gives the same error output from my picture in the original post.

Any suggestions on how to solve the MSB3073 error?

Thank you for your help.

Brett

• brettstone
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2018 19:48 #6014 by brettstone
Attached is an image showing the output from the build when the MSB3073 error occurs. It occurs almost immediately once the build initializes.

Hope this helps.

• brettstone
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2018 19:49 #6015 by brettstone
The image is attached in my original post and is labeled SSC_Build_Error_MSB3073.png

• pgilman
More
16 Jan 2018 23:09 #6016 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic SSC Build Error
Hi Brett,

It looks like there is a problem with the Google Test directory and build. You could try building SSC without the test project by doing a batch build (Choose "Batch Build" from the VS 2017 Build menu) and select all of the projects except the test ones at the bottom.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman