We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

SAM open source test

• wukangqian
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2018 01:17 #6003 by wukangqian
SAM open source test was created by wukangqian
In the windows SAM build instruction (github.com/NREL/SAM/wiki/Windows-Build-Instructions), step 6 suggest to "Start a new project" on SAM's welcome page. However, after I click the bottom, a window comes out saying "Updating solar resource library..." and after a few minutes, the program stops.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks!
Regards,
Kangqian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
05 Jan 2018 18:59 #6004 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic SAM open source test
Hello,

Please see my reply on GitHub.

Best regards,
Paul.

• wukangqian
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2018 05:21 #6005 by wukangqian
Replied by wukangqian on topic SAM open source test
Thanks Paul!

• wukangqian
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2018 00:39 #6006 by wukangqian
Replied by wukangqian on topic SAM open source test
Hi Paul, thanks for the introduction. After I click "Start a new project" and choose a technology, the window of "Updating solar resource library..." pops up. And a few minutes later, I am able to get into the UI page but the entire UI becomes not responsive, and a window of "SAM.exe has stopped working" also pops up. I attached the screenshot on Github.
One more question. What I really want to do is to debug to view the code for the project. I would like to creat a project, input the variables and debug in Visual Studio to see how the model works. Could you tell me how to do it since I didn't see it in the instruction.

Moderators: pgilman