We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Optical Efficiency

• Dhinesh.t
  • Topic Author
More
22 Dec 2017 19:31 #5984 by Dhinesh.t
Optical Efficiency was created by Dhinesh.t
Hi
I would like to know whether we can simulate cavity receiver in SAM/SolarPilot?
Also is it possible to extract the optical efficiency table as a function of azimuth/zenith (user defined angle step-Ex:5Deg) and flux map on the receiver?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
02 Jan 2018 18:55 #5985 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Optical Efficiency
In SAM 2017.9.5, you can see the Power Tower model flux map and solar field efficiencies on the Results page. Go to the Data Tables tab, and expand the Matrix Data list. There you will see variables with the labels "Flux map intensities" and "Solar field optical efficiencies."

We removed the cavity receiver model in SAM 2014.11.24 because it is not compatible with the latest system control model. You can use an older version of SAM to model a cavity receiver.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Dhinesh.t
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2018 23:26 #5986 by Dhinesh.t
Replied by Dhinesh.t on topic Optical Efficiency
Thank you so much for your response.

I installed 2014.1.14 and I could model the cavity receiver now.

Can you please guide me finding the flux map intensities and solar field optical efficiencies in this version (2014.1.14)?

Thank you.

• pgilman
More
04 Jan 2018 23:41 #5987 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Optical Efficiency
Dear Dhinesh,

Please see this post for information about finding flux map data in older versions of SAM:

sam.nrel.gov/node/69393

You should be able to find the data for SAM 2014.1.14 by pressing the Shift-F9 keys after running a simulation, and going to the simdata/My_project/BASE folder.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman