We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

GCR & Time Series - Self Shading

• Solpwr
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2017 22:08 #5964 by Solpwr
GCR & Time Series - Self Shading was created by Solpwr
I am trying to write a time series script to monitor self shading based on a series of GCR values. I have used the script below but i am getting a series of 0 for my result

for( i=0; i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
02 Jan 2018 19:17 #5965 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic GCR & Time Series - Self Shading
Hello,

For your script to work, it needs to run a simulation on a case that you set up with self shading enabled with the "Thin file (linear)" option on the Shading and Snow input page. You will also need to make sure that the number of modules along side and bottom of row inputs result in an array with more than one row.

Before you run your script, set the case up in SAM and run a simulation by clicking the Simulate button to make sure it is generating reasonable self shading results. Then try running your script.

If you continue to have trouble, please attach a copy of your .sam file and .lk file to your original post above (edit it to add an attachment) or use the website Contact form to email it to me.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman