We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

negative energy

• pgilman
More
11 Dec 2017 18:22 #5930 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic negative energy
Hello,

The Tamanrasset.epw weather file is not correctly formatted. There is a problem with the header. The Hassi Rmel.epw file looks ok. You can run the "Solar Resource File Checker" macro to help you find problems with your weather files. (Click the "Macros" button under "Simulate" to display a list of macros.)

There may be a problem with the custom HTF properties you provided. Can you double check the values in the table to make sure they are correct?

The field aperture area seems small for a 100 MW power cycle. You may want to set the Solar Multiple to 1 and allow SAM to size the field based on the power cycle rated capacity.

It appears that you are using an old version of SAM, SAM 2015.6.30. The latest version is SAM 2017.9.5. I would recommend using the latest version.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sofiane
  • Topic Author
More
11 Dec 2017 19:04 #5931 by sofiane
Replied by sofiane on topic negative energy
OK
I simulated with Therminol VP-1, but i found same problem
Thanks
Best regards

• pgilman
More
11 Dec 2017 23:16 #5932 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic negative energy
You may want to systematically change inputs one by one from their default values to find the problem. First, create a new case, change only the weather file and run a simulation. Then, change the field aperture area and run a simulation. Then change the loop configuration, etc. Otherwise, it can be difficult to isolate the input that is causing the problem.

Best regards,
Paul.

• sofiane
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2017 18:53 #5933 by sofiane
Ok,thanks
Best regards
Sofiane

• sofiane
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2017 18:55 #5934 by sofiane
This model is for stillwater
Best regards

• amon10
More
28 Dec 2017 12:17 #5935 by amon10
Replied by amon10 on topic negative energy
Problem in overrun behavior in 3d scenario.
Until two days ago I was a user of the 2016 version for Sam's windows. I made the up grade for current version 2017 and realized that when entering with an active surface on a box or roof appear shading data even having meters of difference between the box, roof and the active surface. This behavior did not happen in the 2016 version. Has anyone ever encountered this behavior?

Moderators: pgilman