We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Wheather Data - Brazil SWERA

• Germano Lira
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2017 18:15 #5907 by Germano Lira
Wheather Data - Brazil SWERA was created by Germano Lira
Good morning,

Here I found that SAM can use SWERA Weather data to Brazil from: maps.nrel.gov/swera
But I didn´t get to use the data from INPE HIGH RESOLUTION that I downloaded from there at SAM

I found that SAM uses data from SWERA, but how can I do to work with it?

The files in SAM's solar resource library are from the following sources:

NREL's National Solar Resource Database (NSRDB): Locations in the United States from the TMY3 and TMY2 data sets.
Solar and Wind Energy Resource Assessment Programme (SWERA): Locations in Bangladesh, Belize, Brazil, China, Cuba, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Kenya, Maldives, Nepal, Nicaragua, and Sri Lanka

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
27 Nov 2017 18:40 #5908 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Wheather Data - Brazil SWERA
Dear Germano,

The NREL National Solar Radiation Database (NSRDB) now includes data for a large part of Brazil, so I would recommend trying that before looking for other sources of data. You can either use the NSRDB website's Data Viewer (nsrdb.nrel.gov/nsrdb-viewer) or download the data directly from SAM's Location and Resource page by clicking one of the Download buttons.

As for the SWERA data, that data is available in SAM's default solar resource library. To find those files, go to SAM's Location and Resource page, and type "brazil" in the search box.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman