We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

SAM Broken with Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update

• LeeMerrill
  • Topic Author
More
23 Oct 2017 14:04 #5789 by LeeMerrill
SAM does not work correctly with Windows 10 1709 update released last week.

Menu systems do not allow for saving, renaming, changing models, adding battery storage, etc. all menus I tested seem broken with the new version of Win 10. The keyboard shortcuts do work, so it appears to be a UI bug.

I have a small screen capture (mp4 format) if the dev team needs examples.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
23 Oct 2017 15:45 #5790 by pgilman
Dear Lee,

A screen capture would be helpful. Please either attach it to your original post by editing it (I just added .mp4 as an approved file attachment type), or email it to us at the address provided on the Contact page . Also, would you mind telling us what your display resolution and scaling setting is?

Best regards,
Paul.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Serge
More
24 Oct 2017 04:53 #5791 by Serge
Same problem. Can't modify name, or user specification on modules, and inverter. Same windows update.

• pgilman
More
24 Oct 2017 16:48 #5792 by pgilman
Microsoft is releasing a major update to its Windows 10 operating system this month called "Fall Creators Update." It is causing problems for several applications, including a user interface problem in SAM that prevents menus and lists from working properly. We have a fix, and will release a SAM update as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
30 Oct 2017 15:33 #5793 by pgilman
We release a SAM update today, SAM 2017.9.5 r2, that should fix this problem. Please let us know if you continue to have trouble with SAM on this version of Windows 10.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman