Weather Data

• balzedaar
  • Topic Author
More
12 Oct 2017 18:18 #5774 by balzedaar
Weather Data was created by balzedaar
Dears,

I am trying to use SAM to design PV solar systems but I confront the problem of inserting weather date as I am living in Middle east – Yemen.
I would highly appreciate any advice to create the file or how to download & use data provided by NASA.

Sorry, you may have had this inquiry many times before, but I don’t have much time to search in this topic.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
12 Oct 2017 21:12 #5775 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Weather Data
Hello,

The SIREN Toolkit includes an executable program called sam_makeweather_getmerra2.exe that generates a SAM CSV weather file from NASA data. The project is hosted at Sourceforge:

sourceforge.net/projects/sensiren/files/?source=navbar

You can find links to this and other data sources on the Weather Data page of the SAM website:

sam.nrel.gov/weather

Best regards,
Paul.

• ozsolarwind
More
28 May 2023 07:24 #12181 by ozsolarwind
Replied by ozsolarwind on topic Weather Data
I've just updated the SIREN toolkit to include another source of satellite data to create SAM weather files. This is the 'ERA5 hourly data on single levels from 1940 to present' data from the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, ECMWF. The programs to download either MERRA-2 or ERA5 data and to produce weather files are available from sourceforge.net/projects/sensiren/files/sen_makeweatherfiles_getera.exe/download This is documented at rawgit.com/ozsolarwind/siren/master/help.html#reanalysis If you encounter any problems you can contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Angus

Moderators: pgilman