We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Multi Inverter Single system design

• Ashokprasadaryal
  • Topic Author
More
17 Sep 2017 17:45 #5719 by Ashokprasadaryal
Multi Inverter Single system design was created by Ashokprasadaryal
I wanted to design a 115kWp project with 4 inverters 25kW and fifth inverter 15kWp. How is it possible? How can i use different and more than 1 inverter in a single system? Thank You.

Also, how can i import new inverter data during design which is not originally available?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
18 Sep 2017 22:19 - 18 May 2023 15:40 #5720 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Multi Inverter Single system design
For now, SAM can only model a system with a single type of inverter, and only inverters with a single MPPT input. You could use the Combine Systems to combine results from two different cases in your SAM file: One case would be for the portion of the array connected to the 4 25kW inverters, and the other case would be for the portion of the array connected to the 15kW inverter. Click the Macros button (it's under Simulate) to find the macro, and read the instructions to see how to set it up.

UPDATE: As of SAM 2021.12.02, the Combine Cases macro is replaced by the Calculate generation profiles and nameplate capacity from open cases option on the Power Plant page for the Generic System model and Generic Battery model. See the SAM YouTube channel for a short tutorial .

For an explanation of how to model an inverter that is not in the CEC inverter library, see:

sam.nrel.gov/node/69678

Best regards,
Paul.
Last edit: 18 May 2023 15:40 by pgilman.

• pgilman
More
04 Feb 2019 16:22 #5721 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Multi Inverter Single system design
As of Version 2018.11.11, SAM can model inverters with up to four MPPT inputs, and each subarray has its own "modules per string" input so the array can have up to four different string lengths.

See the release notes for a full list of new features.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman