We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Send data to Excel

• bruna
  • Topic Author
More
14 Sep 2017 13:38 #5714 by bruna
Send data to Excel was created by bruna
Hi,

When I try to send the data to excel, it goes from a value that's suppose to be 1.0 to 100.000. Also, when I check the battery data and try to send those to excel, they come all wrong, it's suppose to be a value 1e^-16 and ir goes 1e^-11 or 1e^-12, it doesn't have a pattern.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
14 Sep 2017 15:45 #5715 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Send data to Excel
Hello,

Can you describe more what you are doing, and if possible attach examples to your post above (click Edit to add attachments)? What steps did you follow to send the data to excel?

Best regards,
Paul.

• bruna
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2017 01:03 #5716 by bruna
Replied by bruna on topic Send data to Excel
Hi,
I did a pv simulation, and I am going to calculate some statistics and some graphs about the energy from load to grid, with and without a battery installed in the system. So, when I click on "Send to Excel" the data from SAM to excel appears with errors from decimal to thousands. I'll add the attachments above! Thanks.

• pgilman
More
19 Sep 2017 22:04 #5717 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Send data to Excel
Thank you for sending those files.

I think this might have something to do with Excel misinterpreting decimal points from SAM. You can see that in your screenshot: Values like 0.938691 are correctly transferred, while values like 1.0695 are not. Also, the very small numbers in scientific notation have commas in Excel instead of decimal points.

My Windows computer is configured for U.S. language settings, which includes using '.' for the decimal symbol and ',' for the digit grouping symbol. I changed those settings to the reverse, and got the same results as you.

As a temporary solution, you can try this: Close SAM, and then temporarily change your Windows number format settings to use '.' for decimal symbol and ',' for digit grouping. Then start SAM, and try sending the data to Excel. I found the number format settings in the Windows "Region" settings by clicking "Additional settings."

Best regards,
Paul.

• bruna
  • Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2017 22:32 #5718 by bruna
Replied by bruna on topic Send data to Excel
This did work! I changed my Excel settings, so I could use '.' for decimals, now it`s working.
Thank you, very much!

Bruna.

Moderators: pgilman