SAM for Linux

• Dagoberto Ortiz
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2012 19:42 #564 by Dagoberto Ortiz
SAM for Linux was created by Dagoberto Ortiz
Are You working about a linux versión of SAM?. Important software that RADIANCE have a Linux versión and I would like to have the oportunity of execute SAM tool in the linux system.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Gilman
More
21 May 2012 15:49 #565 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SAM for Linux
For now, there is a Windows and an OS X version of SAM, but not a Linux version. You may be able to run SAM in Linux using a Windows emulator, but we have not tested that configuration.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Angus King
More
28 Oct 2013 02:03 #566 by Angus King
Replied by Angus King on topic SAM for Linux
I have just (very briefly) tested SAM (version 2013.9.20) for Windows using Wine under Linux and it seems to work OK - so far. I would also be interested to know if there is a Linux version.
Kind regards,
AnGus.

• Paul Gilman
More
01 Nov 2013 21:38 #567 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic SAM for Linux
SAM 2013.9.20 is available for Windows and OS X, but not for Linux. The software development kit has tools for developing applications with the SAM API on Linux, but we do not distribute a Linux version of SAM.
Best regards,

Paul.

• Angus King
More
10 Nov 2014 08:38 #568 by Angus King
Replied by Angus King on topic SAM for Linux
Paul

I've run SAM 2014.1.14 in Linux both 64-bit and 32-bit (under Wine) and it seems OK. I've also briefly tested the API (sscapi.py) in Linux 64-bit, however, my old (faithful) 32-bit laptop (obviously) won't work with the 64-bit ssc.so. Is it possible to build/have built a 32-bit version? Or should I upgrade :-)

Kind regards

AnGus

• karooga
More
10 Nov 2014 08:58 #569 by karooga
Replied by karooga on topic SAM for Linux
Hi AnGus,

The biggest issue I've encountered with WINE and SAM (2014.01.14) is lack of Excel Exchange functionality. I don't have an installation of Excel any more but I'd be interested to hear if you have success with this should you spend the time trying to get it to work.

cheers
Paul

Moderators: Paul Gilman