We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

hourly sub-array output

• vas013
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2017 06:39 #5592 by vas013
hourly sub-array output was created by vas013
Is it possible to get the hourly sub-array DC output? I am modelling a system with 3 sub-arrays; facing east, north (southern hemisphere) and west. I would like to optimise the sizing for each sub-array if possible, but can't find the hourly data. There is hourly current and voltage, so presumably it is calculated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
31 Jul 2017 16:50 #5593 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic hourly sub-array output
Hello,

SAM's photovoltaic model does not report the DC power output of individual subarrays. It only reports the total array DC power output.

If you want to see the output of each individual subarray, you might try modeling each one as a separate case in SAM.

Best regards,
Paul.

• vas013
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2017 04:45 #5594 by vas013
Replied by vas013 on topic hourly sub-array output
Thanks Paul. That's what I did originally, which works fine. The limitation is that you can't then simulate all the parametrics across the cases. But I can do it manually I guess!

• Tom Durston
More
09 Nov 2017 14:31 #5595 by Tom Durston
Replied by Tom Durston on topic hourly sub-array output
I need the maximum hourly current for a system where there could be power clipping due to inverter maximum usable input current. The PV hourly data includes Array DC Power and Subarray Operating Voltage. Is it correct to calculate hourly current = Array DC Power/Subarray Operating Voltage for each hour, assuming that there is only 1 subarray?

• pgilman
More
09 Nov 2017 19:47 #5596 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic hourly sub-array output
Dear Tom,

You might want to use the "Inverter DC input voltage (V)" variable for that purpose. For a system with one subarray, its value should be the same as "Subarray 1 operating voltage (V)."

Best regards,
Paul.

• Tom Durston
More
12 Nov 2017 01:18 #5597 by Tom Durston
Replied by Tom Durston on topic hourly sub-array output
Thanks very much.

Moderators: pgilman