We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Parametric analysis varying DC to AC ratio while keeping AC constant

• colin141
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2017 15:02 #5558 by colin141
Hi,

I have been trying to run a parametric analysis to vary the DC to AC ratio and the GCR, while keeping the AC size constant. I know that I can vary the DC to AC ratio easily but this seems to vary the AC size. I'd like to keep the AC size constant.

I set the following inputs in a parametric analysis - 'desired array size' to increase in increments, the GCR to increase in increments, and the 'Number of inverters' to be constant. When I run the scenario I can see from the output that the 'System nameplate DC rating' is correct, Kwh/kW is constant and there is no 'AC inverter power clipping loss', which is obviously incorrect.

I am relatively new to SAM so apologies if this has been asked before. I have searched the forum but I didn't find a similar question.

Thanks,
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
17 Jul 2017 20:53 #5559 by pgilman
Hi Colin,

For this kind of parametric analysis, I would recommend using the number of inverters and modules per string/strings in parallel as parametric inputs so that you know exactly what system you are modeling in each scenario.

Best regards,
Paul.

• colin141
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jul 2017 10:40 #5560 by colin141
Hi Paul,

That worked. Thank you for you help.

Regards,
Colin.

Moderators: pgilman