We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

exec fail(pvwattsv5): first two header lines must have same number of columns time -1

• jjalan
  • Topic Author
More
06 Apr 2017 14:16 #5320 by jjalan
Hi,

I have downloaded weather data file from developer.nrel.gov/api/solar/nsrdb_data_query.json by specifying api key and address.

Now, when I try to pass this weather file as is to SSC, it complains

exec fail(pvwattsv5): first two header lines must have same number of columns time -1

I checked the file (attached below) and ensured that first two row indeed have same columns. Can someone please help? I am using sam-sdk-2017-1-17-r2 on Mac.

*** UPDATE ****
Using SAM tool (under Macros->Solar Resource File Generator), it also says "No issue detected in weather file".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
06 Apr 2017 21:15 #5321 by pgilman
Hello,

Please look carefully at Row 1. It appears to have some extra columns that you may have included by accident:

Source,Location ID,City,State,Country,Latitude,Longitude,Time Zone,Elevation,Local Time Zone,Dew Point Units,DHI Units,DNI Units,GHI Units,Temperature Units,Pressure Units,Wind Direction Units,Wind Speed,Version

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman