We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Process heat linear direct steam

• osama1990
  • Topic Author
More
20 Mar 2017 22:22 #5258 by osama1990
Process heat linear direct steam was created by osama1990
Hi
When I try to simulate various combinations of solar multiple and steam quality for a process heat linear direct steam project - LCOE financial model, lots of errors occur such as:

"C_csp_lf_dsg_collector::on(...) COMPONENT defocus failed to converge
Simulation linear_fresnel_dsg_iph failed.
SSC requires input 'annual_electricity_consumption', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation iph_to_lcoefcr failed.
SSC requires input 'annual_energy', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation lcoefcr failed."

I can not perform a parametric study or a sensitive analysis because the simulation is successful for some combination and it fails for others.

Is there any suggestion to fix this problem?

I tried to change the system design such as " heat sink inlet pressure, design DNI and so on, however the problem appears for other combinations and at different locations.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
21 Mar 2017 02:19 #5259 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Process heat linear direct steam
Dear Osama,

You will have to investigate the combinations that cause the simulation error to see if you can determine the cause. From your description, I think there are some combinations of solar multiple and steam quality that are not viable. For example, perhaps for a small solar multiple and high steam quality, the field cannot supply sufficient heat to maintain the target steam quality. You should remove the combinations that are not viable from your analysis.

Best regards,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman