We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

pv_lifetime_simulation error since last update

• Narbaitz
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2017 19:04 #5252 by Narbaitz
I get this error I get on start up:

Could not evaluate callback function:LossDiagramObject::SetupFromCase
[20]: error in call to 'value()': variable 'pv_lifetime_simulation' does not exist in this context[20]: error: access violation: expected numeric, but found null
[5]: eval error in statement list

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
21 Mar 2017 02:28 #5253 by pgilman
Hello,

This is a bug in SAM 2017.1.17 Revision 1 that only occurs with the combination of Detailed Photovoltaic model with no financial model.

You can avoid the problem by using a financial model with the PV model and ignoring the cost and financial model inputs and results.

If you have an existing file with no financial model, you can get it to work by changing the financial model from "No financial model" to any of the financial models (Residential, commercial, PPA, etc.):

1. Open the SAM file.

2. On the Case menu (click the 'v' icon on the case tabl), choose "Change model".

3. Change the financial model from "No financial model" to "Residential" (or any other financial model.) Do not change the performance model.

This will result in a case with your original inputs for the PV model and default cost and financial inputs for the financial model. You can just ignore the System Cost, Financial Parameters, and other input pages for the financial model, and the cash flow and other finance-related results.

We will fix this problem in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Paul.

• rileyesmith
More
27 Mar 2017 17:49 #5254 by rileyesmith
Replied by rileyesmith on topic pv_lifetime_simulation error since last update
Hi there,

I have the updated version SAM 2017.1.17 Revision 1 and am modeling Photovoltaic (detailed) with a commercial (distributed) financial model. However, when I attempt to create a report for "All generation sold at sell rate(s) and all load purchased at buy rate(s)" for a sell-all system, I am getting the following errors in my financial section of the report:

[377]: error: access violation: expected numeric, but found [377]: error: access violation: expected numeric, but found [377]: error: access violation: expected numeric, but found [376]: eval error in statement list
[327]: eval error in statement list
[1]: eval error in statement list

Any help is appreciated!

• pgilman
More
27 Mar 2017 22:50 #5255 by pgilman
Hello,

The PDF report needs to be updated for that new billing option. We will update that as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Paul.

• rileyesmith
More
29 Mar 2017 22:31 #5256 by rileyesmith
Replied by rileyesmith on topic pv_lifetime_simulation error since last update
Hello again,

Previously my net metering scenario modeling Photovoltaic (detailed) with a commercial (distributed) financial model was working. However, now when I select the "Monthly total excess rolled over to next month bill in kWh" I am getting the following errors in the financial section of my PDF report:
[140]: error: access violation: expected numeric, but found array
[140]: eval error in statement list
[130]: eval error in statement list
[3]: eval error in statement list

Any advice is appreciated!

• pgilman
More
30 Mar 2017 21:51 #5257 by pgilman
Hello,

This is the same issue with the PDF report. It does not affect the actual results generated by SAM, just the part of the software the generates the PDF report. You can use the old version of SAM for now until we fix this problem.

If you do not have the older version, you can download it from the Downloads page. You can have more than one version of SAM installed on your computer and even run the simultaneously.

Best regards,
Paul.

Moderators: pgilman