We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Turbine Output Fraction

• joaoguedes
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2017 16:09 #5244 by joaoguedes
Turbine Output Fraction was created by joaoguedes
I'm accessing SAM 2016 > CSP Power Tower Molten Salt > PPA Single Owner Utility > System Control > Dispatch Control.

SAM allows me to set the 9 periods of the Turbine Output Fraction per weekday and weekend schedule based on hours of day per month.

I would like to follow a similar procedure, but setting different periods per hour per day within a month. For instance, instead of having "Period 1" at "8 am" on all the days of January, to have "Period 1" at "8 am" on the days 2 and 3 of January, while having "Period 2" at "8 am" on 4 and 7 of January.

Is there any way of doing it? Or, has any macro/package been developed for such?

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
17 Mar 2017 10:10 #5245 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Turbine Output Fraction
Hello,

It is not possible to define different periods within a single month.

Best regards,
Paul.

• burakomersaracoglu
More
21 Mar 2017 14:30 #5246 by burakomersaracoglu
Replied by burakomersaracoglu on topic Turbine Output Fraction
Dear Joao;
"Is there any way of doing it?"
According to my practical experience, I think you can solve your problem by creating several files or one file with many model sheets per your prerequisites and export all of your results then combine your results in one Excel sheet and make your final calculations. You can also use other tools such as Calc, Scilab, R for the last part.
You may think of it and try. May be it helps.
Have a nice day
Burak

Moderators: pgilman