We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Solar Generation Information

• Brian Carolan
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2017 18:47 #5228 by Brian Carolan
Solar Generation Information was created by Brian Carolan
Dear SAM Support,

I was hoping you could tell me how I can get the generation values for a PV system that I am modelling on your software. I am hoping to get the values on an hourly basis and then compare this against a sample household demand profile I have to see when the rooftop connection would be exporting to the grid.

Is there a way to do this on SAM after I have run a simulation. Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

Best regards,
Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozsolarwind
More
13 Mar 2017 06:38 #5229 by ozsolarwind
Replied by ozsolarwind on topic Solar Generation Information
Brian

If you choose the Photovoltaic(PVWatts) model and select a Financial model, such as Residential (Distributed), you should be able to achieve what you want. There's an option, Electric Load (on the left) where you can input hourly load data. After you run the simulation you can examine Hourly Data and choose variables such as Electricity from Grid, Electricity from system to load, and System power generated. This should meet your needs.

You could contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for another approach using SAM models and if you need to acquire weather data for, say Dublin, using MERRA2 data

Kind regards

Angus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pgilman