We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Error during simulation

• Selest
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2017 15:00 #5217 by Selest
Error during simulation was created by Selest
Hello everyone,

I am trying to design a photovoltaic system for my own house using SAM. Unfortunately this error occurs everytime I want to simulate.

fail(analysis_period, positive): 0
Simulation utilityrate5 failed.
SSC requires input 'annual_energy_value', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation cashloan failed.

I didn't find this annual energy value. Where can I add it ?

Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
08 Mar 2017 23:03 #5218 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Error during simulation
Hello,

That message indicates that there is a problem with your file. Would you mind emailing me your .sam file so I can investigate?

Best regards,
Paul.

• pgilman
More
09 Mar 2017 22:27 #5219 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Error during simulation
Hello,

Thank you for sending the file. I found a few problems. It looks like you set all of the financial model inputs to zero. If you want to model the system without a financial model, you can choose the "No financial model" option when you create the case.

You can remove the financial model from your case by choosing "Change model" from the case menu, and then choose the "No financial model." (To see the Case menu, click the 'v' icon next to the case name.

Otherwise, the main problems are that you set the analysis period on the Financial Parameters to zero, and on the Electricity Rates page, you should set the period and tier in the Energy Charges table to 1, and change the Period number in the weekday and weekend matrices to 1.

Best regards,
Paul.

• Selest
  • Topic Author
More
10 Mar 2017 10:10 #5220 by Selest
Replied by Selest on topic Error during simulation
Thank you for your help, it finally worked.

Best regards,
Lazhar

Moderators: pgilman