We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Simulation fails with 15-minute time steps

• oavaldezi
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2017 22:54 #5173 by oavaldezi
I'm using the Commercial Distributed Photovoltaic (PVWatts) model for a simulation, using 15-minute time intervals for the energy load data.

I input 35,040 values for the time intervals, and when I click the "Simulate" button, I get the following notice:

exec fail(utilityrate5): number of load records (35040) must be equal to number of gen records (8760) or 8760 for each year
Simulation utilityrate5 failed.
SSC requires input 'annual_energy_value', but was not found in the SAM UI or from previous simulations
Simulation cashloan failed.

No results are generated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stumpyd123
More
22 Feb 2017 11:28 #5174 by stumpyd123
Replied by stumpyd123 on topic Simulation fails with 15-minute time steps
Hello oavaldezi,

In order to run sub hourly simulations, the load data and the weather resource data must match time steps. So, you either have to find a 15 minute weather file, or consolidate your load file into hourly results.

If you need help consolidating your load file into an hourly file, I might be able to help for a fee.

Regards,
David

• oavaldezi
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2017 20:58 #5175 by oavaldezi
Replied by oavaldezi on topic Simulation fails with 15-minute time steps
Thank you, David. I need to keep the load data in fifteen-minute steps because of demand charge regulations.

I've pulled the relevant weather resource data, and I plan to interpolate for fifteen-minute intervals. My new question is: How do I represent the fifteen-minute intervals in the "Hour" column?

• oavaldezi
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2017 21:11 #5176 by oavaldezi
Replied by oavaldezi on topic Simulation fails with 15-minute time steps
I found a script here that will "Convert an hourly weather file in SAM CSV format from hourly to 15-minute data by replicating the data in each hour for each of the four 15-minute time steps in the hour."

I'll give it a try.

• pgilman
More
22 Feb 2017 23:05 #5177 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Simulation fails with 15-minute time steps
That script should work. You can modify it to use whatever interpolation method works best for you.

Best regards,
Paul.

• stumpyd123
More
23 Feb 2017 06:16 #5178 by stumpyd123
Replied by stumpyd123 on topic Simulation fails with 15-minute time steps
I didn't even realize there was a script already made for it. Good to know. I was just going to use Pandas' resampling function in Python.

Moderators: pgilman