We will be performing a major infrastructure and web site ugprades on Friday, September 27th 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST (UTC -7).

The website will be down during that time.

Read srw correctly

• ivonnepena
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2017 13:54 #5168 by ivonnepena
Read srw correctly was created by ivonnepena
Hi Paul,

I am trying to read a srw wind weather file in SAM store in my laptop. I am using OX. These are the steps I followed:

1. Copied the AR flatlands srw SAM stored file to check the format. Copied it in my desktop.
2. Followed the format and create a sample file called example.srw (that I am sending you). Saved it as .csv. Then, changed the extension in the name as .srw.
3. Create a wind project and use the wind resource of the AR flatlands srw copied in my desktop (I wanted to check it would run as if I would be using the file from the original location). Got the following error: failed to read local weather file: /Users/Ivonne/Desktop/AR Northwestern-Flat Lands2.srw error reading data column type specifier in col 1 of 128: '47' len: 2
Simulation windpower failed.
4. Did the same with example.srw. The hub height was read because I did not get the hub error specification, but I got the following error: exec fail(windpower): error reading wind resource file at 36:
Simulation windpower failed.

Can you please point me how to solve this? I don't understand why the AR file is not being read (I did not change it, just put a copy of it in my desktop and change the name). And why mine (example) is not being read either.

Thanks much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pgilman
More
21 Feb 2017 17:58 #5169 by pgilman
Replied by pgilman on topic Read srw correctly
Hello,

The problem with your file appears to be due to the line endings. Please see this post for more details. It is about solar resource files, but also applies to files in the SRW format for wind resource data:

sam.nrel.gov/node/69915

Best regards,
Paul.

• H.Akhbari
More
12 Mar 2017 15:24 #5170 by H.Akhbari
Replied by H.Akhbari on topic Read srw correctly
Hello,
The problem of software is all weather data not exist?
I need Iran weather data to important project.
Guide me, please!

Thanks,
Hossein

• ozsolarwind
More
13 Mar 2017 06:16 #5171 by ozsolarwind
Replied by ozsolarwind on topic Read srw correctly
Hossein

Please refer to sam.nrel.gov/node/71040 or contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. regarding obtaining weather data for places such as Iran. We have a tool that will create SAM weather files using NASA MERRA2 data.

Kind regards

Angus

• H.Akhbari
More
13 Mar 2017 20:59 #5172 by H.Akhbari
Replied by H.Akhbari on topic Read srw correctly
dear Angus
Thank you so much,
I saw the web address and searched Iran so as founded, but West South of the Terhan and i want East North.
Then i will send E-mail to your address.

Kind regards

Moderators: pgilman